English Scones with Strawberries & Cream
- Combine the flour, sugar, thyme, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and pulse to combine.
- Add the butter cubes into the dry ingredients in the food processor and pulse until the mixture is crumbly.
- Whisk together the milk and egg and in a separate medium bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons for an egg wash, then pour the rest into the food processor and pulse several times until combined.
- Select the Bake function on the COSORI Air Fryer Oven, adjust temperature to 335°F and time to 12 minutes, then tap Start/Pause to preheat.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead several times until the dough just comes together. The dough should be sticky. Do not add more flour.
- Press the dough out to 1½-inch thickness using your hands, then cut into circles using a 3-inch round biscuit or scone cutter.
- Form the dough scraps into a ball and press out again to cut out more scones.
- Place the scones onto the food tray and brush the tops with the egg wash.
- Insert the tray at position 3 in the preheated air fryer oven.
- Remove the scones when done and let cool, then serve with clotted cream and strawberry jam.