Apple Crumble Cake with Irish Cream Whip
- Spray the inside of both cake pans with oil spray.
- Place the butter and brown sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, then beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time while beating on medium speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula between additions. Continue to beat until fully incorporated.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg into the bowl of the stand mixer, then beat on slow speed until just incorporated. Add the apples and beat on low speed for 10 seconds.
- Grate the frozen butter into a separate large bowl, then add the crumble topping ingredients to the bowl. Mix together with your hands, working the butter pieces into the flour and sugar so they form “crumbles”.
- Spread the batter into the prepared cake pans and sprinkle the crumble topping over the top.
- Insert the crisper plate into the Cosori Smart Air Fryer, then place one of the cake pans onto the crisper plate. You will need to work in 2 batches.
- Select the Bake function, adjust time to 28 minutes, then press Start/Pause.
- Place the Irish cream whip ingredients in the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, then refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove the cake when done and let cool on a wire rack.
- Cut cakes into 6 to 8 pieces, then serve with a dollop of Irish cream whip.