- PEEL onion and cut off the top. Place cut-side down onto a cutting board.
- CUT downward, from the center outward, all the way to the cutting board. Repeat to make 8 evenly spaced cuts around the onion. Make sure your slit cuts through all of the layers, but leave the onion connected in the center. Set aside.
- COVER the onion in ice water for at least 2 hours, then dry.
- MIX together the flour, paprika, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper, oregano, and water until it forms a batter.
- SELECT Preheat on the Cosori Air Fryer and press Start/Pause.
- COAT the onion with the batter, spreading out the layers and making sure every layer is covered with the batter. Then sprinkle the top and bottom of the onion with breadcrumbs.
- SPRAY the bottom of the air fryer with cooking spray and place the onion inside, cut-side up. Spray the upside of the onion liberally with cooking spray.
- COOK the onion at 400°F for 10 minutes, then cook for an additional 15 minutes at 350°F.