- Combine the flour and yeast. Add the water, egg yolks, oil, sugar, and salt to the stand mixer, then add in the flour-yeast mixture. Mix with the dough-hook attachment on low speed for 4 minutes and then on medium speed for 4 minutes. The dough should be slightly firm and smooth, but not sticky.
- Proof the dough until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into six separate 130-gram pieces. Shape into oblongs and allow the dough to rest, covered, for about 10 – 15 minutes to let the gluten rest.
- Fold the dough into thirds, then shape each third into a long rope about 24 inches long.
- Cut each rope into 3 smaller ropes, about 8 inches long each. You should have 18 total 8-inch ropes at the end. Note: Make sure the ropes are all the same size, so your braid comes out evenly.
- Dust the tops of the ropes lightly with bread flour.
- Braid by pinching the tops of the ropes together and, beginning in the center of the strands, place the left strand over the center strand, then the right strand over the center strand. Repeat until you reach the end of the dough. Pinch together the ends of the braids to seal.
- Place the braided Challah on parchment lined sheet pans dusted lightly with bread flour.
- Brush the completed braids with egg wash (only made of egg yolks).
- Proof the dough, covered, until the dough springs back halfway slowly to the touch but does not collapse, about 1 hour.
- Brush the dough again with the egg wash before baking.
- Select the Preheat function on the Cosori Air Fryer, adjust temperature to 300°F, and press Start/Pause.
- Line the inner air fryer basket with parchment paper.
- Place the challah braids into the preheated air fryer basket.
- Set temperature to 300°F, time to 15 minutes, and press Start/Pause.
- Remove from air fryer and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 7 days. The Challah is best when eaten within 3 days. If storing for longer, wrap tightly with plastic wrap once the bread is completely cooled and freeze for up to two weeks.