Char Siu Dinner
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Set 4 tablespoons of marinade aside in the refrigerator.
- Remove the thick, fatty pork rinds from around the entire piece of pork shoulder.
- Slice the pork into smaller pieces, about 2-cm long and ¾-inch thick.
- Place the pork and marinade into a large resealable plastic bag and shake until fully coated. Marinate for 1-2 days in the refrigerator.
- Rest the pork for 30 minutes at room temperature before cooking.
- Select the Preheat function on the Cosori Air Fryer, adjust temperature to 400°F, and press Start/Pause.
- Mix the honey, 1½ tablespoons of water, and the 4 tablespoons of reserved marinade in a small bowl to make a basting mixture.
- Spray the inner basket of the air fryer with oil spray.
- Brush both sides of the pork slices with the basting mixture, then place into the preheated air fryer. Note: The pieces pork can be touching each other, but should not be stacked on top of each other. You may need to work in batches.
- Set temperature to 400°F and time to 12 minutes, press Shake, then press Start/Pause.
- Flip the pork pieces over and brush more of the basting mixture on each side halfway through cooking. The Shake Reminder will let you know when.
- Remove the pork when done, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Baste the top of the pork with the remaining basting mixture.
- Serve the Char Siu over steamed white rice with a side of sauteed Taiwanese cabbage.