- Combine cherries, lemon juice, ¼ cup sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Place over medium-high heat, bring mixture to a boil and reduce to simmer for 5 minutes. Lightly smash some of the cherries with a fork. Place cornstarch in a small bowl and add 3 tablespoons of the cherry liquid and combine until no clumps remain. Pour cornstarch mixture into the saucepan and stir until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat, stir in almond extract, and refrigerate until slightly chilled.
- Roll out puff pastry to a 16 x 12 inch rectangle. Trim the edges. Cut in half horizontally and cut each half into four 4 x 6 inch rectangles. You will have 8 rectangles total. Place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place 1 ½ tablespoons of cherry mixture onto one short side piece of dough. Brush the edges with the beaten egg, and fold over to enclose filling. Press the edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Select the Preheat function on the Cosori Air Fryer, adjust temperature to 350°F, and press Start/Pause.
- Cut a 1-inch vent in the top of each pastry. Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Place turnovers into the preheated fryer basket. Set time to 15 minutes and press Start/Pause.
- Remove when golden and puffed. Transfer to a wire rack immediately and allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.