Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Whisk together sugar, dark brown sugar, melted butter, and salt until well combined.
- Whisk in 1 whole egg until fully incorporated, then mix in the egg yolk and vanilla extract until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
- Sift in all purpose flour and baking soda, then fold in the flour until just combined.
- Fold the chocolate chunks into the cookie dough until all the chocolate is evenly dispersed.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Form the dough into 2½-inch balls. You should end up with 8 cookie dough balls. You may have extra cookie dough.
- Select the Preheat function on the Cosori Air Fryer, adjust to 320°F, and press Start/Pause.
- Place the cookies in the preheated air fryer basket lined with parchment paper. Make sure to leave enough space in between the cookies. You may need to work in batches.
- Press down the cookie to flatten slightly.
- Select the Bread function, adjust to 14 minutes, and press Start/Pause.
- Remove the cookies from the air fryer and let them cool for 2 hours.
- Cut the ice cream pint into 4 even pieces and place in the middle of two cooled cookies.
- Roll the ends of the sandwich with finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate.
- Eat right away or wrap with plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 1 week.