Classic Margherita Pizza
Pizza Dough Directions:
- Combine the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook attached and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Add the warm water and 1 tablespoon olive oil and beat until the dough forms a ball, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
- Grease a large bowl with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Add the dough, cover the bowl, and allow to rise until doubled in size. This will take about 1 hour, depending on the temperature of your kitchen.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 2 equal pieces.
- Cover each with a clean kitchen towel and let rest for 10 minutes before making your pizza.
Classic Margherita Pizza Directions:
- Drain the tomatoes and reserve the liquid.
- Place the tomatoes, olive oil, salt, and oregano in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste. Note: Sauce will last 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Select the Preheat function on the Cosori Air Fryer and press Start/Pause.
- Stretch out the pizza dough into a 7-inch circle on a floured surface..
- Place the pizza dough into the preheated air fryer. Brush the top with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Set temperature to 400°F and time to 5 minutes, then press Start/Pause.
- Flip the pizza dough over when the timer goes off and cook at 400°F for an additional 2 minutes.
- Flip the pizza dough back over when the timer goes off and top with 2 to 3 tablespoons tomato sauce. Use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly across the surface, leaving ½-inch of space around the edge of the crust.
- Break half of the mozzarella into large pieces and gently place them on top of the sauce.
- Cook at 400°F for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove when the dough is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh basil and serve.