Crispy Fried Chicken
- Set chicken on a plate or rimmed baking sheet, skin side up, and sprinkle with kosher salt. Let sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator before beginning the marinade process.
- Combine buttermilk, vodka, salt, pepper, bay leaves, egg, thyme and hot sauce in a large bowl. Submerge chicken pieces and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours or up to overnight.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, paprika, cayenne, oregano, dried thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, kosher salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Remove chicken from the buttermilk marinade and shake to remove excess. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and set each one on a rimmed baking sheet fitted with a wire rack. Let the chicken rest, battered, for 30 minutes before frying.
- Preheat the Cosori Air Fryer to 380 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a single layer, skin side down, in the air fryer upper basket (you may need to work in batches). Close the drawer, and cook for 12 minutes at 380 degrees. When the timer goes off, spray any parts that are still floury looking with grapeseed or canola oil. Flip the chicken over and then cook for an additional 10 minutes at 380 degrees. Test the thickest part of the chicken with a thermometer, being careful not to touch the bone with the tip of the thermometer. The internal temperature should be between 160 and 165 degrees.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving.