Fried Eggplant with Spicy Goat Cheese Dip
1. Place the crisper plate into the Cosori Smart Air Fryer basket.
2. Select the Preheat function, adjust the temperature to 385°F, then press Start/Pause.
3. Cut the eggplant into ½-inch thick planks, then cut the bottom and top ends off. Cut each plank into ½-inch thick strips.
4. Set up a breading station with the flour, 2 teaspoons salt, and paprika in one bowl, the eggs in a second bowl, and the panko and oregano in a third bowl.
5. Dredge the eggplant pieces in the flour, followed by the egg, then the panko, shaking off the excess after each step.
6. Place the breaded eggplant pieces onto the crisper plate and spray with oil spray.
7. Set the temperature to 385°F and time to 8 minutes, press Shake, then press Start/Pause.
8. Flip the eggplant over halfway through the cooking time and spray again with oil spray. The Shake Reminder will let you know when.
9. Place the pine nuts, basil, parsley, Calabrian chilis, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and chili oil in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Blend on high for 20 seconds, then add in ½ cup of the olive oil while the motor is running on low speed. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then transfer the pesto to a bowl.
10. Wipe out the food processor, then place the goat cheese and heavy cream into it and blend until very smooth and whipped, then season with salt and pepper and transfer to another bowl. Pour the pesto over the goat cheese and set aside until ready to serve.
11. Remove the fried eggplant when done, season to taste with salt, and let cool, then serve with the spicy pesto and whipped goat cheese.