Gruyere, Mushroom, & Caramelized Onion Puffs
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add sliced onions and ¼ teaspoon salt to the skillet. Cook for 20 minutes or until caramelized. Set aside in a bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and ¼ teaspoon salt. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add sherry wine to deglaze the skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- Mix mushrooms with caramelized onions, black pepper, rosemary, sage, and Gruyère cheese. Set aside.
- Place the mushroom and onion mixture in the middle of each of the puff pastry sheets, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Brush the border of the puff pastry with egg wash. Set aside.
- Select the Preheat function on the Cosori Air Fryer, set temperature to 320°F, then press Start/Pause.
- Line the air fryer baskets with parchment paper, set the puff pastries into the baskets, then insert into the preheated air fryer.
- Select the Bread function, set time to 10 minutes, then press Start/Pause. You may need to cook in batches.
- Remove when done and garnish with fresh thyme.