Oregano & Garlic Focaccia
- Combine bread flour and water in the bowl of a stand mixer attached with a dough hook.
- Mix on low speed, scraping down the sides as needed of any flour, until a shaggy dough forms, about 5 minutes.
- Mix together yeast, sugar, warm water in a separate bowl and let sit until the yeast is foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Pour yeast mixture into dough and mix on low speed until dough absorbs yeast mixture, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in kosher salt and mix at medium speed, until the dough is extremely elastic and sticky, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour extra-virgin olive oil into a large bowl making sure the inside of the bowl is fully coated.
- Scrape the dough into the oiled bowl and cover with a plastic wrap.
- Place the dough in a warm spot for 1½ hours.
- Remove the dough and fold it in half, then half again.
- Form the dough into a 7 X 7 inch square.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the air fryer basket covering the bottom and place the dough on top.
- Spread the dough toward the edges of the air fryer basket.
- Add any left over oil in the bowl on top of the dough and sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Place the basket in the air fryer and allow to proof for 30 minutes more.
- Cook at 350°F for 20 minutes. Flip the bread with 5 minutes left of cooking.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil then sprinkle with salt when done cooking.