Tsao Family Dumplings & Potstickers
- Wash the cabbage by gently pulling apart the leaves and rinsing each layer.
- Arrange the cabbage leaves horizontally onto a cutting board and cut into 2-inch-long, ¼-inch-thick pieces. Place into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of kosher salt over the cabbage, mix well, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the cabbage over a large colander to wring out excess moisture and catch any pieces that fall out. Set aside.
- Add the pork, shrimp, Chinese chives, green onions, cabbage, and ginger to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, white pepper, and 2 teaspoons salt to the mixing bowl, and mix well.
- Lay plastic wrap onto a clean surface for your wrapping station and sprinkle a small amount of flour across the entire surface. Prepare 3 half-sheet baking pans by sprinkling flour onto each and setting aside.
- Set up your wrapping station by arranging the dumpling filling, 1 cup of water, and the room temperature dumpling wrappers in the middle of your working surface.
- Place one wrapper completely flat in the palm of your hand. Place a minimum of 2 teaspoons of filling in the center of the wrapper.
- Dip your pinky or index finger into the water and circle the edge of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half and pinch the sides in, forming a half moon with triangles on each end to seal. Note: For a visual guide on sealing dumplings, see our Cooking with Cosori video.
- Place the completed dumplings onto the floured baking sheets, continuing with the remaining filling and wrappers.
To Cook as Dumplings:
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a boil.
- Add 15 dumplings at a time to the water. Allow the water to come back to a boil, then lower heat to a medium simmer.
- Cook the dumplings until done, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the dumplings from the water when done and place on a clean plate.
- Serve immediately with a side of soy sauce and sambal to enjoy as dumplings.
To Cook as Potstickers:
- Select the Preheat function on the Cosori Air Fryer, set temperature to 380°F, and press Start/Pause.
- Spray the preheated inner air fryer basket and dumplings with oil spray.
- Place 12 dumplings (frozen or cooked) into the inner air fryer basket. You will need to work in batches.
- Set temperature to 380°F and time to 10 minutes, press Shake, then press Start/Pause.
- Flip the potstickers over and spray with oil spray halfway through cooking. The Shake Reminder will let you know when.
- Remove the potstickers from the air fryer when done.
- Repeat the cooking process with the remaining dumplings.
- Serve immediately with a side of soy sauce, sambal, black vinegar, and fresh ginger.
- Note: Freeze the remaining dumplings or potstickers on baking sheets overnight, then transfer into an airtight bag or container to store. The frozen dumplings or potstickers have a shelf life of 1 month and are best eaten within 3 weeks of freezing.