Ribs with Sweet and Spicy Mango BBQ Sauce
- Remove the membrane from the ribs. Cut into sections of 4 ribs each. Dry ribs with paper towels. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Wrap each section of ribs tightly in foil.
- Insert ribs into the air fryer baskets. Set temperature to 350°F and time to 1 hour, then press Start/Pause.
- Make the barbecue sauce by heating a pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil and onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the mango, tomato puree, tomato paste, whole serrano chile, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, worcestershire, dijon mustard, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and chile powder.
- Bring to a very low boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the serrano chile and discard. Let the sauce cool slightly.
- Puree sauce in a high speed blender until smooth. Pour sauce into a jar to store while ribs cook.
- Remove ribs from the air fryer baskets after 1 hour and remove the foil. Brush the ribs with BBQ sauce. Place ribs back into the air fryer.
- Set temperature to 320°F and time to 25 minutes, then press Start/Pause.
- Flip ribs halfway through cooking and brush with additional BBQ sauce.
- Remove when ribs are tender and caramelized.