Savory Mushroom Bread Pudding
- Sauté the mushrooms with olive oil in a saucepan over high heat until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium, add the sage and shallots, and sauté until the sage turns translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cognac and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove mushroom mixture from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan, allow to melt, then add in the leeks and cook until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place the mushroom mixture back in the pan and mix with the leeks until combined. Cook for 2 more minutes, then set the mushrooms and leeks aside in a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, milk, mushroom powder (if desired), cayenne pepper, 1½ teaspoons salt, and 2 teaspoons black pepper together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Fold in the Gruyere and Comté cheeses, then place the brioche cubes inside the mixture.
- Soak the bread for 20 minutes.
- Select the Preheat function on the Cosori Air Fryer, adjust temperature to 330°F, and press Start/Pause.
- Line the inner air fryer basket with foil, then parchment paper. Spray with oil spray.
- Assemble the bread pudding inside of the air fryer by alternating layers of the bread-custard mixture and the mushroom mixture. Top with the remaining mushroom mixture and Parmesan cheese, then cover with aluminum foil.
- Select the Bake function, adjust temperature to 330°F, press Shake, then press Start/Pause.
- Remove the aluminum foil cover halfway through cooking. The Shake Reminder will let you know when.
- Allow the bread pudding to cool for 5 minutes before removing it from the baskets and transferring to a serving dish.
- Serve warm.