Soyrizo Potato Empanadas
- Combine vegan butter and vegan cream cheese until well combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the vegan butter mixture.
- Add the salt, black pepper, ice cold water, vegetable oil, and apple cider vinegar to the dough.
- Knead the dough with generously floured hands for 4 minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Cover the dough firmly with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to rest for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Add the soyrizo to a pan and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes. Drain the soyrizo from the pan and set aside.
- Add the olive oil and chopped onions to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, red bell pepper, bay leaf, salt, oregano, potatoes and vegetable stock. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll it out ⅛ inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 5-inch circles and place a heaping tablespoon of filling into the center of the dough circles.
- Fold the dough in half, enclosing the filling. Then press the edges together to seal, then crimp decoratively with your fingers or with a fork.
- Place the empanadas on a tray, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Select the Preheat function on the Cosori Air Fryer, adjust to 360°F, and press Start/Pause.
- Brush the tops and bottoms of the empanadas with olive oil and place them in the preheated air fryer basket. You may need to work in batches.
- Adjust the temperature to 360°F, set time to 12 minutes, and press Start/Pause.
- Serve the empanadas with chimichurri.