- Soak rice in water fully submerged for 4 hours. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil on high heat, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice to the boiling water and stir.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the rice when done cooking into a bowl.
- Distribute the vinegar evenly through the rice by pouring the vinegar over a rice scoop over the rice. Mix gently and set aside to cool.
- Slice the spam into 8 even slices. Set aside and save the can.
- Mix together soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir, making sure all the sugar is dissolved.
- Place the spam in the soy sauce mixture and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Select the Preheat function on the Cosori Air Fryer, adjust to 380°F, then press Start/Pause.
- Place the spam in the preheated air fryer basket.
- Cook at 380°F for 6 minutes.
- Remove the spam from the air fryer and set aside.
- Line plastic wrap inside of the spam can, covering the whole inside of the can leaving 1 inch or more of plastic wrap on the outside.
- Place the cooked rice in the plastic wrapped lined spam can about 1¾ inches tall, with one slice of spam on top of the rice, then fold the plastic wrap inside the can pressing down firmly.
- Remove the spam musubi from the can and remove the plastic. Repeat this process with the remaining spam musubi.
- Wrap the musubis with roasted nori sheets with the ends of the sheets ending on the bottom. The rice should still be warm. If you microwave for a few seconds.