- Select the Preheat function on the Cosori Smart Air Fryer Toaster Oven, adjust temperature to 400°F, and press Start/Pause.
- Poke holes across the bottom of the pie crust using a fork. This will prevent the pie crust from puffing up and changing shape.
- Core the apples and slice them into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Combine the lemon juice, salt, and apple slices in a large bowl. Add enough water to cover the apples.
- Place the pie crust onto the baking sheet, then insert the baking sheet at mid position into the preheated oven.
- Select the Bake function, adjust temperature to 400°F and time to 5 minutes, then press Start/Pause.
- Remove the pie crust when done, and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix the apricot preserves with 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir well.
- Drain the apple slices from the water and shake off excess water.
- Brush a layer of loosened apricot preserves across the entire surface of the cooled pie crust.
- Layer the apple slices in concentric circles inside the crust to form a rose-like pattern, alternating apple colors if desired. Using the same process, create a second layer to fill the crust to the top. There should be a hole in the center of both layers where the ring of apples becomes too tight to continue making circles.
- Create a “rose bud” in the center by laying down 2 apple slices vertically into the hole, each slice mirroring the other to create a circle. Afterwards, stand up 3 apple slices to lean against each other horizontally over the apple circle.
- Brush the top of the apples with the loosened apricot preserves, then sprinkle with turbinado sugar and cubed butter.
- Place the tart onto the baking sheet, then insert the baking sheet at mid position into the preheated oven.
- Select the Bake function, adjust temperature to 375°F and time to 30 minutes, press Shake, then press Start/Pause.
- Tent the top with aluminum foil halfway through cooking. The Shake Reminder will let you know when.
- Remove when done and let cool completely before slicing and serving.