Turkey Lasagna with Zucchini "Noodles"
- Heat a large skillet over medium high. Add the olive oil, and then add the ground turkey. Sprinkle the turkey with salt and then cook until browned, breaking the turkey apart with a spoon as it cooks. After it is browned, push the turkey to the side of the pan.
- Add the onion to the empty side and cook until translucent, Add the garlic and cook 1 minute longer, then stir in the tomato paste. Coat the turkey mixture with the tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly, until the tomato paste has gone from red to a coppery tone.
- Pour the tomato puree and herbs into the turkey mixture and simmer for 15-20 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally. Season with kosher salt to taste, then turn off the heat and set aside.
- Combine the ricotta, egg, basil, parmesan, and big pinch of salt and black pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Select Preheat on the Cosori Air Fryer and press Start.
- Build the lasagna. Spray the inside of the cake pan accessory or a baking dish that will fit inside the Air Fryer basket with olive oil. Spoon a bit of the meat sauce on the very bottom of the pan, then lay 3 slices of zucchini down, and then spread some of the ricotta mixture over the zucchini. Spoon some of the meat sauce over the top of the ricotta, and then top with shredded mozzarella. Repeat these steps until the baking dish is full, ending with extra shredded mozzarella on top. Sprinkle the top with a bit more parmesan cheese. Tightly cover the top of the pan with aluminum foil.
- Insert the lasagna into the Air Fryer basket. Set the temperature to 350 and set the time to 25 minutes. Remove the foil from the topo, set the temperature to 400 and cook 5 minutes more to brown the top. Let cool slightly before serving, then sprinkle with extra fresh basil and thyme.