Guinness Beef Stew
- Remove the beef from the refrigerator, place it into a medium bowl and coat it with the all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon of kosher salt, and ½ tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Select the Sauté function on the COSORI Pressure Cooker, adjust the time to 20 minutes and the temperature setting to 336°F, then press Start.
- Place the bacon into the inner pot and sauté for 5 minutes, then remove to a plate and set aside. Leave the rendered bacon fat in the bottom of the inner pot.
- Place a single, spaced-out layer of beef into the inner pot, then sear each side of each piece until golden brown. Remove to a plate when done, then continue searing off the beef in batches.
- Add the grapeseed oil into the inner pot, followed by the pearl onions and sliced garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, then stir in the carrots, celery, potatoes, caraway seeds, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the beef back into the pot and stir into the vegetables. Add the thyme, tomato paste, Guinness, and Worcestershire sauce and stir to coat well, then pour in the stock.
- Place the lid onto the pressure cooker and slide the steam release switch to Seal.
- Select the Pressure Cook function, adjust pressure to low and time to 20 minutes, then press Start.
- Release pressure quickly by sliding the steam release switch to Vent.
- Open the lid carefully, stir in the bacon and season to taste with salt, then serve garnished with chopped parsley.